Mahila Shakti Pratishthan
Across the Globe, We Are United in Our Dedication to Women’s Rights
Who We Are
NAME OF ORGANISATION
MAHILA SHAKTI PRATISTHAN
ADDRESS OF THE PRINCIPAL OFFICE OF THE ORGANISATION
L-503,BHARATI VIHAR, NEAR BHARATI VIDYAPEETH,
KATRAJ, PUNE – 411046
PHONE – +91-(020) 24375830. MOBILE: 9371065408
AREA OF OPERATION
THE AREA OF OPERATION IS PUNE DISTRICT IN MAHARASHTRA, WHICH WILL BE EXTENDED TO WHOLE INDIA AND TO OTHER DEVELOPING COUNTRIES.
NATURE OF ORGANISATION
THE MSP IS A NON POLITICAL, NON SECTARIAN, VOLUNTARY SOCIAL WELFARE ORGANISATION. IT CAN GET AFFILIATED WITH OTHER WELFARE ORGANISATION(S) IN INDIA AND OTHER COUNTRIES.
STRUCTURE OF ORGANISATION
THE MSP CONSISTS OF GENERAL BODY AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
URBAN, RURAL AND TRIBAL
SOCIAL, EDUCATION, LAW, HEALTH, MEDICINE, SPORTS, ECONOMIC, HANDICRAFT, MUSIC AND OTHER.
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where women can live in dignity and security. Mahila Shakti Pratishthan will be known everywhere for its unshakable commitment to the dignity of women.
To provide legal aid to women, through legal awareness, education, counseling and providing legal assistance and advice to women involved in family disputes, women in problem, children in problems, bonded labor and victims of human rights violation and denial.
To work to eliminate physical, sexual and psychological violence against women and its causes and to remedy its consequences.
To improve the living conditions of the women, through financial credit in the form of small loans for income generation activities and projects, including training, increasing the general awareness, more jobs etc., especially for indigent widows and orphans, so that such women may view themselves as equal part in society.
To improve health status of women through sustainable health facilities and better health care, sanitation and environment, through self-help community action and involvement in the local civic system.
To uplift the Socio economic conditions of low income families through establishment of permanent Centers for training, assisting women and girls in income generating activities, through vocational training. The MSP will also work as an Employment Exchange for women.
To improve educational status and increase education among young girls, so that the women may be viewed as excelling part of society.
Our Initial Work:
- Jilha Parishad Pune – SHG Training, Personality Development Programes.
- Pune Mahanagarpalika – Various short and long term courses
- Maharashtra Rajya Sah. Sangh. – Legal Awareness and Health Awareness
- Mahila Arthik Vikas Mahamandal – Courses in Journalism, Personality
- Development, Documentation
- Mahila and Bal Kalyan Vibhag, Govt. of India. – Legal and Health Awareness
- M.C.E.D.- Various Vocational courses
- MITCON, – Various Vocational courses
- Khadi Gramodyog – Personality Development Programes
- BAIF – SHG Documentation, Case Studies
- DAILY SAKAL – Cultural Program. Swar-Asha with Madhurangan-songs of Asha
- Rotary Club, Yerawada – Newspaper coverage of their seminar
- Education Deptt.- Govt. of India – Awareness programs
- Grampanchayat, Sortapwadi – SHG Foprming and Training
- Grampanchayat, Naigaon – SHG Forming and Training
- SHG Training – Training in Handicraft to SHG women in the area of Pashan and Sus.
- Ministry of Textile, Govt. of India- Exhibitions – at Pune, Kolhapur, Sangli, Satara, Aurangabad, Goa etc.
- DISHA – Micro-Finance